Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Slow-Roasted Beef with Horseradish Cream Sauce & Smashed Potatoes

Today for dinner I made Slow-Roasted Beef with Horseradish Cream Sauce and Smashed Potatoes.  On my last post I stated that I was going to be making King Arthur Soft Dinner Rolls with this meal, but time permitted me to make them today.  Do not fret, I will be making them sometime soon. 

As for the Slow-Roasted Beef, it turned out very well.  I nice Medium-Rare bottom round roast.  Most of the time when preparing a bottom round roast, it turns out very dry and tough.  By roasting the beef at a very low temperature it turned out just the opposite, tender and juicy.  This recipe was very simple involving just a couple main steps: Brining the meat, searing, and slow roasting.  With the beef I prepared Horseradish Cream Sauce, which complimented the meat well.  My husband even ate the sauce, and he is not a horseradish fan!


The Smashed Potatoes were a big hit. I had never had potatoes this way before.  They had a rich and creamy flavor, with a chunky texture.  The red potatoes that were used in this recipe were literally smashed with a wooden spoon and folded into butter-cream cheese mixture. 

I would have preferred to include the King Arthur rolls with this meal, but the Slow-Roasted Beef and Smashed Potatoes were satisfying enough by themselves.  Besides, we had room for some left-over Peach Pie for dessert!!

I won't be making any meals until Sunday, but I will be making brownies on Friday.  So a preview for what's to come:


On the menu for Friday:
Fudgy Low-fat Brownies

On the menu for Sunday (we're doing Chinese)
Potsticker  w/ Scallion dipping sauce
Pork Lo Mein
And for dessert:
Easy Apple Strudel

No comments:

Post a Comment