Friday, August 27, 2010

Poached Salmon with Herb and Caper Vinaigrette & Green Bean w/ Toasted Hazelnuts and Brown Butter


Poached Salmon with Herb and Caper Vinaigrette was a success.  It was a quick and simple meal to prepare in under 30 minutes.  The salmon was very juicy with a pleasant lemony, herb flavor.  The only problem I ran into was removing the skin from the salmon.  I followed the notes in the cookbook on how to do it, I guess it takes a little practice and probably a sharper knife.

In addition to the Poached Salmon, I also prepared Green Beans with Toasted Hazelnuts and Brown Butter.  I really liked these.  My husband described them as tasting like popcorn.  I would have to somewhat agree.  I really did like them a lot, though.  My husband just thought that they were just "OK".  He enjoyed the salmon more.

Both dishes were very quick and simple to prepare and I would definitely make them again.

Next on the menu:

Charcoal grilled bone-in Chicken breast with soy-ginger sauce

Grilled potatoes w/ garlic & rosemary 

and because my husband says he needs more desserts after dinner:

Big and Chewy Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment