Saturday, August 14, 2010

Dutch Oven Problem

While reading over the Simple Pot Roast recipe for tomorrows meal I noticed that it requires a Dutch oven. I don't have a Dutch oven. So I guess I am going to have to get one very soon. The equipment recommendations in the back of the cookbook suggest several options. Le Creuset 7 1/4 quart Round French oven for $269...uh no. All-Clad Stainless 8-quart Stockpot for $279...definitely no. Tramontina 6.5-qt cast iron Dutch Oven $40...we have a winner!!! I also check America's Test Kitchen's website to see if there are any more recommendations and along with another expensive one that I'm not going to consider, they have Lodge enamel-on-cast-iron 6-quart Dutch oven for $49.99. I click on both the Tramontina and the Lodge link buttons and both state that they are available at Walmart. Problem...I hate Walmart and refuse to shop there. I check Meijer's website, neither option is there. I check Target and they do have the Lodge Dutch Oven but its $99.99...ridiculous. I finally check Sears, my last option, and they don't have either one. Looks like I'm going to have to make the trek to Walmart. I would prefer to get the Tramontina 6.5-qt vs. the Lodge 6-qt, but the Tramontina is only available online so since I'm pressed for time I'm going to have to get the Lodge. All I have to say is, this better be a good Dutch oven if I'm going to Walmart to get it. Wish me luck:\

No comments:

Post a Comment