Friday, August 13, 2010

The Complete America's Test Kitchen Cookbook

A few week's ago I was flipping through the channels on my TV and came across America's Test Kitchen on the Create Channel. I immediately fell in love with it to the point of addiction. I love how they really try out each recipe in many different ways to get the perfect result. They describe the methods and science behind each recipe, and inform you of the best equipment and products available without bias. Most of the cookbooks that I have I'm only interested in a just a few recipes in it, but with America's Test Kitchen they take all of the popular everyday meals and make them fantastic. I printed off a few recipes to give it a try and immediately fell more in love with America's Test Kitchen when I made Maple-glazed Pork Tenderloin. It was fabulous. My 11 year old son practically devoured the entire thing on its own.

After the pork tenderloin I knew that I had to buy the cookbook. The TV show has been on for ten years, and I wanted every recipe I could get, so I bought the complete volume with every recipe, equipment and product guide in it. There are about 680 recipes in this book. My goal is to try every one. I will try and make 3 to 4 meals a week, including at least one dessert a week and possibly one breakfast or brunch a week. After I complete each recipe I will post the results online.

So...On the menu tonight:

Charcoal-grilled Hamburgers
Wilted Spinach Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment